[Mingw-cross-env-list] Fwd: Re: Postgresql build broken?

From: René Berber
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Fwd: Re: Postgresql build broken?
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 12:27:27 -0600

On 2/5/2011 6:47 PM, René Berber wrote:

[snip]
> Second: is it me or everyone else has this problem?  It seems strange
> that Postgresql was building fine until this week (I even tried rolling
> back the .mk file, same problem with previous version).

Found the problem, it is me, I changed some mingw headers to have LFS
(Large File Support), meaning: allowing configure scripts to detect that
MinGW has LFS.

As part of that there's a change to type _off_t from long to long long,
that probably is what caused the change I'm experiencing.  Looks like
PostgreSQL does its own workaround to use LFS.

Sorry for the noise.