Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Upgrading package openscenegraph

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Upgrading package openscenegraph
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 00:42:50 +0200

Mark Brand schrieb:
> On 04/23/2011 05:23 PM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> >
> >I'd like to upgrade package openscenegraph from 2.8.3 to 2.8.4,
> >but your patches don't apply anymore. Could you adjust them, or
> >remove them in case they are no longer needed?
>
> I fixed the patches and 2.8.4 seems to build fine now. There are
> some notes on the patches in the commit message. Users should watch
> out for the new pkg-config arrangement.
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/a5e714bdddff

Thanks a lot! I just performed some minor renamings:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/6c85587cbc08

However, it seems that our tutorial is no longer valid due to the
pkg-config related changes. Would you mind adjusting it?

    See doc/index.html, part "Step 5e: Cross compile your Project (OSG)"

In the meantime, I upgraded all remaining packages. The only exceptions
are GD and POPT, because the sites libgd.org and rpm5.org are down. Of
course I added download mirrors, but it is still really strange that
those two sites are still down, and have been down for quite some time.
Usually, the downtime of a project lasts no longer than a few days ...

Those two sites disturb our auto-upgrade helper. But I wanted to rework
that stuff anyway. In the future, we'll be able to circumvent such issues
via a "make -k update" or similar. BTW, do you make active use of
"make update", or "make update PKGS=...", or do you perform these steps
by hand? I'm just wondering because it seems that you cherry-pick the
packages you upgrade, while my "make update" is meant to be used to
upgrade as much as possible.

Greets,
Volker

--