Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL_mixer (from Hg) is unable to find libvorb

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL_mixer (from Hg) is unable to find libvorbisfile
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:12:32 +0200

Tony Theodore schrieb:
> On 21 June 2011 17:46, Nikos Chantziaras <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > It builds OK, but with one problem: it's unable to find the libvorbisfile
> > library.  The autoconf test that fails is:
> >
> > AC_CHECK_LIB([vorbisfile], [ov_open_callbacks], [have_ogg_lib=yes])
> >
> > Any hints on how to solve this?
>
> Hard to say without looking at the output of configure and config.log,
> but you could try adding -lvorbisfile to:
>
> LIBS='-lvorbis -logg'

I think that won't help. Those libs are added there so that ./configure
is be able to find -lvorbisfile (which would fail without "-lvorbis -logg"
due to static linking). There is no point in adding -lvorbisfile to LIBS,
because this is exactly what we want ./configure to do.

Something else must have gone wrong. Maybe another dependency lib?
Whatever it is, we'll see that in the config.log.

Nikos, please provide your complete SDL_mixer build log, and also
the config.log which you'll find in "tmp-sdl_mixer/.../".

As usual, you should compress those (7z or tar.bz2) before sending
them to this list.

Greets,
Volker

--