Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Proposal: libgnurx.mk and file.mk

From: Moritz Bunkus
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Proposal: libgnurx.mk and file.mk
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:19:23 +0200

Hey,

On Monday 24 October 2011 23:11:14 Mark Brand wrote:

> Could I ask a favor? Could you send a patch for doc/index.html that
> modifes the "Requirements" appropriately?

I'll see to it. Might take a few days as I'll be busy until the weekend
though.

> You mentioned that gettext is needed because of msgfmt.

Partially required, yes, but...

> Also wondering about the line in wxwidgets.mk:
>
>      -$(MAKE) -C '$(1)/locale'
>
> Does the - prefix mean that the step might fail and this would be
> okay?

Exactly. I did it this way so that users that don't have msgfmt on the
build machine simply get wxWidget without its locales. wxWidget's main
Makefile is set-up so that it can cope both with and without po/*.mo
existing; so basically this call to make is completely optional.

> I think Volker and Tony have dealt with this kind of thing in other
> packages. I wonder if it's interference from Wine.

Yeah, I remember having read that somewhere in a patch or two. As it was
easy enough to fix with a single-hunk patch I decided not to investigate
further. Crawling around in autoconf'd configure is never pleasant ;)

Kind regards,
mosu