Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Documentation (was Re: libssh2 update to vers

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Documentation (was Re: libssh2 update to version 1.4.1)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:30:41 -0500

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, Volker Grabsch wrote:

All I see in github.com/mxe are 3 branches: master, stable,
gh-pages. [...]

The following section in the docs should make clear
what those branches are all about:

http://mxe.cc/#download

If there's anything nclear and/or should be better-worded,
feel free to provide a pull request for index.html in the
stable branch.

The documentation is clear.

Maybe adding a good way to handle local changes would be a useful addition.

Currently I can't just use "git pull", I have to go into this little procedure (with other 2 settings the fist time, 'git config --global user.email "..."', 'git config --global user.name "..." ' :

$ git stash save "local changes <date or other id>"
$ git pull
$ git stash list
$ git stash apply address@hidden<last number>}

And the result is still not good, since one of my changes is to gcc.mk if I do nothing else I end up re-building gcc every time.

Perhaps the old trick of using "touch usr/installed/gcc" is also needed (for each locally modified package which hasn't changed version, or patch, or whatever and doesn't need to be rebuild).
--
René Berber