[Mingw-cross-env-list] pkg-config problems in stable-branch

From: Schrober
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] pkg-config problems in stable-branch
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:47:47 +0100

Hi,

I've tried MXE and I am absolutely astonished what a big help it is.

But I also had three small problems related to pkg-config on the stable branch
(didn't test any other branch because I had not time to do it).

I've used libpng and had the problem that the .pc file missed the zlib
dependency and therefore no program not also using zlib were able to link
against it. This can be fixed by adding following line to it:
"Requires: zlib"

The other problems are actually more or less the same. MXE doesn't add .pc
files for glu and gl. I've worked around it by adding them manually, but maybe
they can be added to the part of MXE which provides libopengl32 and libglu32

cat > usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig/gl.pc << STOP
Name: gl
Version: 0
Libs: -lopengl32
STOP
cat > usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig/glu.pc << STOP
Name: glu
Version: 0
Libs: -lglu32
STOP