[Mingw-cross-env-list] Some background/help asked ...

From: Jos De Laender
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Some background/help asked ...
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 12:38:44 +0100

I'm trying to setup mxe for a number of projects of mine and sometimes I'm really confused about what I see.

An example :

I download the stable branch.

make qt
make graphicsmagick
make imagemagick

Apparently goes fine.
Then I realize that something went wrong with imagemagick in the sense that lcms and lcms2 are mixed up.

Somewhere on the web one can find the solution : patch libmng.mk file such that mng doesn't use "full cms" or something along those lines.
So I patch that libmng.mk.

Then
make imagemagick => nothing happens even though I understood libmng is a dependency (and it built it in the first place).

So I go back one step
make libmng => fails because it accesses my (changed) /usr/lib/jpeglib.h (so not the one of mxe, the one of my host !)

The 2 last steps (failing to rebuild, but especially the looking outside of the mxe tree) concern me .... Can someone shed some light why this is happening, what is maybe wrong, how I should debug or produce more info ?

Somehow I'm a bit worried now of having a "good" cross environment.

--
Jos De Laender
www.jodela.be