Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Does QtMultimedia work for anyone?

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Does QtMultimedia work for anyone?
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 09:14:53 +0200

On Monday 03 June 2013 04:21:02 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Since I'm not able to figure out how to get gstreamer to work with MXE,
> I'm now trying Qt5 and its multimedia module.  So I've build that and
> then compile the two example programs that play video.  Neither one
> works.  The error message says:
>
>    The QMediaPlayer object does not have a valid service.
>    Please check the media service plugins are installed.
>
> What is missing?  From the build log of "make qtmultimedia" one would
> guess that it's build with DirectShow support:
>
>    Checking for openal... no
>    Checking for directshow... yes
>    Checking for wmsdk... no
>    Checking for wmp... no
>    Checking for wmf... no
>    Checking for evr... no

There's a good chance you're pioneering if you are using static QtMultimedia.
I haven't tried multimedia support since phonon first appeared in Qt 4 several
years ago. You probably have to link explicitly to the DirectShow plugin by
adding QTPLUGINS to your .pro file [1]. (In Qt 5, qmake should take care of the
Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN() macro.) Even then I don't know if it will work. Please let
us know how it works out.

Mark

[1] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtcore/plugins-howto.html#static-plugins