Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mxe for windows 7 (64 bit)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mxe for windows 7 (64 bit)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 05:28:14 +1000

On 23/06/2013, at 12:06 AM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 21.06.2013 18:08, Martin Müllenhaupt wrote:

>> The VTK 5.8 patches are hard to maintain.
>
> Thanks again, it prompted me to figure out the cmake "TryRun" mechanism so I
> may be able to update the 5 series.

No luck with the update, but the mingw-w64 builds are enabled now for vtk 5.8:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/9430bf381a45b09640d1764ac012fa0dd5c398e2

Hi ST,

You should now be able to run:

$ make vtk boost matio MXE_TARGETS=x86_64-w64-mingw32

or set the targets and/or local package list in "settings.mk". Note that the
difficulty of updating vtk may mean that it gets pruned at some stage or
possibly taken out of the default build.

Cheers,

Tony