Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Using MXE to compile for Linux statically

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Using MXE to compile for Linux statically
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 13:29:20 +1000

On 6 Apr 2014, at 05:04, ST <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear MXE list,
>
> 1) could somebody please tell me how can I use MXE to compile on Linux
> for Linux statically?

It’s not supported at the moment, but would be an interesting technical
exercise[1].

> 2) I have launched make inside of MXE directory and it started to build
> with the default MXE_TARGET which is not what I want - how can delete
> all those generated files without deleting
> MXE_TARGETS=x86_64-w64-mingw32 files which I still need.

You could delete the main components by hand:

rm -f <mxe_dir>/usr/bin/i686-pc-*
rm -rf <mxe_dir>/usr/i686-pc-*
rm -rf <mxe_dir>/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-*
rm -rf <mxe_dir>/usr/libexec/gcc/i686-pc-*

but the best way would be to set the targets you want in `settings.mk` and
start again after a `make clean`.

Cheers,

Tony

[1]