Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Possible copyright violation of code from MXE

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Possible copyright violation of code from MXE
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:59:17 +1000

On 12 Apr 2014, at 10:46, Timothy Gu <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I came across this project: https://github.com/bioidiap/bob.mingw
>
> It uses a substantial amount of MXE code, but neither has a license nor
> references to the MXE project. The MIT license says:
>
>> The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
>> all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>
> So, it should be a copyright violation.
>
> I filed a bug report against that project
> (https://github.com/bioidiap/bob.mingw/issues/1), and let's see if the
> maintainer replies.

Thanks for finding and following up on that - I’m not sure what to think about
(seemingly) deliberately removing the headers. Looks like it has been remedied.

As an aside, probably makes it clearer that MXE needs to be more customisable
so that people don’t feel compelled to maintain divergent branches.

Cheers,

Tony