Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE package manager on windows

From: Tobias Gruetzmacher
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE package manager on windows
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 13:48:26 +0200

Hi,

Am 07.10.2014 11:42, schrieb Rashad M:
Now instead of doing the good work in lazy way I was thinking of
having a package manager application that can download and install
from a windows system.

Any thoughts?

For performous, we use this[1] small Python script to copy all necessary DLLs into one directory, to create a distribution form it.

This might not be enough for complex projects with dynamically loaded plug-ins, but IMHO it beats maintaining a list of installed DLLs per package (or something in that vain).

[1] https://github.com/performous/performous/blob/master/win32/mxe/copydlls.py

Regards, Tobias