[Mingw-cross-env-list] Any hints on how to debug on MXE?

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Any hints on how to debug on MXE?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 22:50:02 +0200

I recently updated my old MXE environment (from 2013) to the latest Git. I have built Qt5 and compiled my app with it.

It aborts on startup. No error messages of any kind. Happens both in Wine as well as real Windows (7 and 8.1).

I have no way to tell what's causing this. Is there a way I can somehow debug this? I built gdb that comes with MXE, but it doesn't seem to work for anything (it just hangs when typing in commands.)

I'm not sure if winedbg can help; it doesn't load any debug symbols (I've built and linked the app with "-g").