Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Ocaml

From: Nagaev Boris
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Ocaml
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:53:57 +0300

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 12:06 AM, SEAiq Navigation <address@hidden> wrote:
> The version of OCaml (4.00.1) in MXE is almost 3 years old.  Has anyone
> looked into upgrading to the current OCaml release?  I believe there are a
> number of improvements to the OCaml build to support cross-compilation;
> however these changes appear to break the MXE scripts.
>
> regards, Mark

Hi

I have applied the following command to MXE tree:

    make update-package-ocaml-native

Packages ocaml-native and ocaml-flexdll can be built successfully.

But package ocaml-core depends on broken package bfd [1].

PS. I think MXE needs some efforts to fix all broken packages. MXE
used to maintain the stable branch, where all packages were built
correctly. Now the stable branch is suspended, but many packages in
master branch are broken and many packages depend on them.

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/711

--

Best regards,
Boris Nagaev