Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] LOCAL_PKG_LIST no longer works?

From: Nagaev Boris
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] LOCAL_PKG_LIST no longer works?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 10:19:59 +0000

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 8:12 PM, René Berber <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 3/18/2016 2:08 PM, Nagaev Boris wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>
> Hi.
>
>> Variable LOCAL_PKG_LIST is not used in code since fde591f but it is
>> still mentioned in index.html and in settings.mk.
>>
>> I have created an issue for this problem:
>> https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/1264
>
> I found that it still works,

I do not think LOCAL_PKG_LIST works, as it is not used in code. I have
checked this with command "git grep LOCAL_PKG_LIST".

> what I thought was a full rebuild in fact
> was only the strange tools built at the beginning (which was new to me,
> and look suspicious... building upx, geoip-database, etc.)

These tools are native packages which are needed by some normal
packages, but at the moment all normal packages depend on all native
packages, so all native packages are built regardless of whether they
are needed [1]. There is an issue for fixing this: [2].

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/1046#issuecomment-163084574
[2] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/516#issuecomment-161567909

--

Best regards,