[Mingw-cross-env-list] Question about contributing Meson integration

From: Andrei Alexeyev
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Question about contributing Meson integration
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:13:31 +0200

I'm working on a project that currently uses the CMake build system, and we've
been using MXE with its CMake wrappers to make the official release builds for
Windows. However, we are about to switch to the Meson build system soon. I would
like to add a similar kind of integration for it and contribute it back to MXE,
so that other projects may benefit.

I have a question though. MXE currently builds and installs its own version of
CMake and points the wrapper scripts to it. Does that mean I would also have to
add packages for Meson and its dependencies (ninja, python3, and whatever these
two pull in that's not in MXE right now) instead of relying on their
availability in the host system? And if so, is there any good reason for that?

Thanks in advance.