Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Compiling problem

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Compiling problem
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 21:31:35 +1100

Hi Markus,

> On 3 Mar 2018, at 02:15, Markus <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> According to https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/1942 I really have to fix the
> library path with -L
> Would someone be so nice to explain me how to do that?
> […]
> i686-w64-mingw32.static-qmake-qt5 \
>                 BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mt \
>                 BOOST_THREAD_LIB_SUFFIX=_win32-mt \
>                 BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=$MXE_INCLUDE_PATH/boost \
>                 BOOST_LIB_PATH=$MXE_LIB_PATH \
> […]
> /mnt/mxe/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32.static-ld: cannot find
> -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53

The problem may not be the `-L` setting, it’s more likely that the
`coin-qt.pro` file has
the boost lib names hard-coded (maybe as an example) and isn’t picking up the
`BOOST_*`
variables correctly. It should be looking for (e.g.) `-lboost_thread_win32-mt`.

In the #1492 issue, I thought the goal was to link an external build of boost
but it seems
you are trying to use the MXE libs in their standard locations - `qmake` should
pick these
up by default.

Can you post the `coin-qt.pro` file (or a link to the project repo)?

Cheers,

Tony