mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] two changes to push

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] two changes to push
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:27:34 -0400

   Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:21:18 -0700
   From: Chris Hanson <address@hidden>

   Some basic discussion in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/documentation/mit-scheme-user/In_002dline-Coding.html#In_002dline-Coding

I've seen that, but it doesn't say that the declarations can change
the semantics of a program.  At the very least, it should have a big
scary warning to say that.  I always assumed that SF would perform the
transformation only when it could prove that it wouldn't change the
program's semantics (i.e. only for movable operand expressions).