mit-scheme-devel

[MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:42:43 -0700

Bless me, brothers, for I have Schemed.  It has been 12 months since
my last confession.  Since then I have been hacking mostly on LIAR's
svm1 back-end, though I DID find a minute to merge my FFI with
master...

...and pushed my commit today.

Little has changed.  The merge turned up few conflicts.

Questions from last time:

> Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 02:42:14 -0700
>
> [...]
> Questions from last time:
>
> > Do I need to sign something?

I ain't sign'n a damn thing.

> > [...] Would y'all rather see these diffs on a branch?

Make your own branch.

> > [...] Is a shockingly simple representation of C pointers worth [the
> > consing]?

Nope.  "Alien" records will do.

All the old caveats still apply: no version info, little support and
no testing of compatibility with mit-scheme-c and restored bands.

I dropped the nascent support for statically linking shims onto the
machine.  It seems libdl is now required.  In fact, src/configure.ac
adds a number of OPTIONAL_BASES unconditionally: pruxdld (and now
pruxffi), and cmpint, cmpintmd, and comutl.  Is there some reason not
to move all of these to makegen/files-core.scm or files-unix.scm or
wherever?

My Gtk and Gtk-Screen systems should get rebased and pushed "soon", so
I am looking forward to a Gtk-Screen/Canvas for Edwin in 2010.  Surely! ;-)

Yours in Scheme,
-Friar Puck