mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] specifying hash table weakness

From: Arthur A. Gleckler
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] specifying hash table weakness
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 19:20:06 -0700

> (MAKE-x-HASH-TABLE* <weakness> #!OPTIONAL <initial-size>),
>  x \in {EQ, EQV, EQUAL, STRING}

I wonder whether it makes sense to make X a parameter, too.  That
wouldn't prevent special treatment of EQ.

The other obvious possibility is to make a hash table constructor
maker, i.e. to curry the construction of hash tables, e.g.:

  ((make-hash-table-constructor comparator weakness) initial-size)

That requires the addition of the fewest new identifiers.  We can
watch to see which combinations are actually used and then make
shortcut identifiers for them.

Keep painting!