mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] MIT Scheme in Solaris on SPARCs

From: campbell
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] MIT Scheme in Solaris on SPARCs
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:58:14 -0700 (PDT)

I notice that LIAR was ported to the SPARC, and that MIT Scheme still
has some SPARC-specific code in it.  Will it still run on SPARCs under
Solaris (or SunOS, by Solaris compatibility libraries), and if so, what
need I do to run it?  I can run MIT Scheme on a very remote x86 box,
with which to bootstrap a SPARC binary (and on which I already have MIT
Scheme running), but it's a bother to use MIT Scheme on it in general,
due to its remoteness; on the other hand, I have a local SPARC box,
which is much more convenient to use, and I'd like to try running MIT
Scheme on it.