mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Using MIT Scheme with Emacs under Windows

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Using MIT Scheme with Emacs under Windows
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:33:34 -0500

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 22:29 +0100, Paolo Martini wrote:

> This way, when I do M-x run-scheme the MIT Scheme window appears.. is
> there any way to avoid this behavior? Getting the REPL *inside* the
> Emacs buffer?

There's no way to do what you want.  The support for scheme under emacs
assumes that the scheme process is running on its standard input and
standard output.  But on Windows, scheme ignores standard i/o and
creates a window to interact with the user.

It's possible this could be fixed, but I don't know how to do it.

--
Chris Hanson
http://public.xdi.org/=cph