mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] scmutils debug information

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] scmutils debug information
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 19:47:13 +0200

Hi,

I'm using a self-compiled scmutils (20140302) with mit-scheme 9.2. In
the manual I read that the edwin command 'show-parameter-list' should
show the parameter list of the procedure at point. This works with
built-in scheme procedures like, say, 'car'. However, when I try the
same with a 'scmutils' procedure I get the error message: 'no
debugging information available for this procedure' and I would like
to fix that.

My procedure for compiling 'scmutils' is as follows:

1) cd scmutils/src
2) mit-scheme < compile.scm
3) echo '(load \"load\") (disk-save \"edwin-mechanics.com\")' | mit-scheme
4) rm *.bin
5) move files to the desired location

Then I start the newly created band with a script similar to the
'mechanics' one included with the library:

#!/usr/bin/bash
ROOT=/path-to-mit-scheme-9.2-root
LIB="${ROOT}/lib/mit-scheme-x86-64:/path-to-scmutils-root/lib/mit-scheme-x86-64/scmutils"
SCHEME="${ROOT}/bin/scheme --library ${LIB}"
CMD="${SCHEME} --heap 12000 --band edwin-mechanics.com --edit"
exec xterm -iconic -e ${CMD}

My understanding of the manual is that the debugging information is in
the '.bci' files which are moved in the same directory as the '.com'
files. I'm not sure what's the purpose of the '.bin' files. As they
are not included in my mit-scheme installation, where
'show-parameter-list' works, I just delete them.

I would be grateful for any suggestion on how to make
'show-parameter-list' work with 'scmutils'.

Thanks for any suggestion!
Fede