mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Large integers

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Large integers
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 01:39:30 -0700

On Wed, 2018-11-07 at 17:14 -0800, Chris Hanson wrote:
> Interesting. This works fine when run in a terminal but not in Edwin.
>
> I suspect this has something to do with recent changes to threading in Edwin.

I tried to reproduce this but started with 2 to the billionth

  (expt 2 1000000000)

and wedged both 9.1 (still distributed with Ubuntu) and 9.2 when they
tried to print the result.

I don't think the problem is in Edwin's new thread event handling, but
I'm game to run it down.

> Matt, any ideas?

She turned me into a newt, so I don't even have 10.1 installed here
yet, but I'm feeling better now (back in my cell).