mldonkey-contest

[Mldonkey-contest] "Contest" submission

From: Robert de Forest
Subject: [Mldonkey-contest] "Contest" submission
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:44:29 -0800

Hello,

I didn't see a "what you get if you're selected" part of the contest, but the
challenge itself amused me enough to motivate me.  My submission is available at

    http://defore.st/mld/

The usage.html file is the minimal docs, and the NOTES.txt is my scratch pad,
which includes the assumptions I remembered to document.

I wrote my submission in perl using DBI because I've been wanting to learn more
about them anyway.  The dependancy on MySQL can be removed by changing the DBI
interface to berkleydb or something.  If you're interested in this, let me know
and I'll look into it.

If you want a version with less outside dependancies, I've been tempted to try
to make a C version with a cdb (http://cr.yp.to/cdb.html) back-end.

Anyway, I was so happy with how much better mlDonkey is than eDonkey that I just
_had_ to contribute something back. :)

Thanks,
Robert

--
|"I can't believe your computer ripped my pants!" | Robert de Forest
|                                                 | Rogue Sysadmin
|"...they're silk."                               |