mldonkey-devel

[Mldonkey-devel] it works ?

From: b8_bavard
Subject: [Mldonkey-devel] it works ?
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:47:51 +0100

Hello,

  Welcome on mldonkey-devel. I hope we can use this list instead of
the other one to discuss internal problems in mldonkey, and in
particular the GUI protocol. Currently, most discussions happened on
MSN messenger, which is not good for keeping track of requests.

Here are some requests:
1) Use of Addr instead of IP in ClientKind.
2) For firewalled clients, we should send some kind of URI that is not
  network-dependant (currently, the firewalled kind contains the md4
  which only means something on ed2k).
3) Search results contain several names the first time, and only one
  after that.
4) In general, the protocol is still biaised towards edonkey, it
  should be more network-independant.

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/