[Mldonkey-users] Disable MLDonkey Uploads Forever?

From: Christian Brandt
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Disable MLDonkey Uploads Forever?
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:30:12 +0200

> we have a major problem. we have ADSL. so, every upload consequently slows
> down every download (asymetric).

 Your whole assumption is wrong and so is your targeted solution. DSL is
always a fullduplex-connection, iow up- and download don't interfere. The
Term asymetric has absolutly nothing to do with duplex, it just says that
your up- and download bandwidth are not equal, iow 128kbit up and 768kbit
down.

 If you want to work without any noticable lag on a donkeyed DSL-connection
(eg768/128kbit), set download to 16kByte/s and upload to 5kByte/s.

--
Christian Brandt

 life is short and in most cases it ends with death
 but my tombstone will carry the hiscore