[Mldonkey-users] mldonkey file descriptor leakage

From: Robin Hill
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey file descriptor leakage
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:59:00 +0100

Hi, I've just compiled & installed the CVS version of mldonkey and have
run into rather a major problem with file descriptor leakage (I've
looked through the archives and see this isn't unknown).

After running mldonkey for under 12 hours it has 995 file descriptors
allocated to sockets (from /proc/mldonkey_PID/fd) and only 13 client and
2 server sockets in use (from netstat).  There are 27 file descriptors
allocated to shared & config files (of which 11 are marked deleted).
This is with max_opened_connections set to only 200, and mainly
downloading.

If you need any more info, just shout - I can check it out next time it
runs out :(

Cheers,
        Robin