[Mldonkey-users] Audio normalizing?

From: andre68
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Audio normalizing?
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 23:12:41 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all!

I have a lot of movies with very different volumes.
Unfortunately, there is only a parameter for mplayer for normalization "-aop
list=volnorm"
I want to create a movie with normalized sound.
I've tried some ways, but none worked. The following commands create a
normalized sound, but I do not know how to get that back into the movie:

mencoder infile.avi -ovc frameno -oac pcm -o frameno.avi
mplayer frameno.avi -dumpaudio -dumpfile frameno.raw
ecanormalize frameno.raw
ecaconvert .wav frameno.raw

I tried the following command, but it does import the audio from frameno.avi
instead of the given audio file:

mencoder -audiofile frameno.raw.mp3 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
    vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=500 -o outfile.avi infile.avi

Is there any way to do this?
A more nice way would of course be a 4-pass encoding where the first pass is
a volume peak search. The the second pass could do the normalizing.

Greetings
Andre

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de