Re: [Mldonkey-users] recover_temp bug?

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] recover_temp bug?
Date: 03 Oct 2002 20:03:09 +0200

Christian Kaltepoth <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> i think i found a bug in the recover_temp command... I'm using the cvs
> version from 09/28/02!
> After using the "recover_temp" command, the filename equals the md4 value of
> the file. Now after some sources of a recovered file has been found, the
> filename should be replaced by the real filename! But this doesn't work! The
> filename of a file seems to be saved in the "filenames" tag in "files.ini"!
> mldonkey always seems to use the first filename mentioned here. When
> "recover_temp" ist used, the md4 value is added in the "filenames" tag and is
> never removed, even when the real filename is found via other peers. So if
> you recover files from the temp directory, you will never get the real
> filenames back. You will only see the md4's.

I did get the filenames back.

I think it replaces the filename when it gets the filename from one of
the sources. The servers don't tell the name of a md4 sum but only
sources for it iirc.

So you need to get a connect to one of the clients having the file
before it replaces the name, which can take rather long.

MfG
        Goswin