[Mldonkey-users] Re: GUI cleanup

From: Ivo
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: GUI cleanup
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:23:50 +0200

> Of course, the GUI is one of the most important component for new
> users. Improving it has a good priority in our devs. Zoggy ?

Good, glad to hear it. I like command-line functionality as much as the next
Linux fanatic, but there's a reason GUI's exist and it should make the user
feel comfortable.

> Just make a list of what you think could be improved. Even if we don't
> implement it now, it can give good ideas for the future. I personnally
> don't like the object-oriented style of the gui2, so I don't work on
> it a lot, big changes have to be done by Zoggy, but I can fix small
> problems...

My polite complaints are aimed at mldonkey_gui, but are as valid for _gui2.
I will see what I can put together tonight, but bear in mind that I am
unfortunately not a designer. Perhaps there's a list reader here with good
experience (and possible formal training) with designing user interfaces?

Ivo

Ps. On a related note, would there be interest in a fully skinnable mldonkey?
It adds some bloat, but eye-candy soothes the eye and possibly draws in fresh
blood to the mldonkey community. It's also much more flexible in terms of user
interface.