[Mldonkey-users] New Uploadmanagement in 2.00

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] New Uploadmanagement in 2.00
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:24:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

I noticed a slightly changed upload management in 2.00, but it's not a bit
better. I think its even worse (EVERYTIME my upload is maxed out,
regardless of the value max_hard_upload_rate (Even tried to decrease,
nothing changed).

But I noticed an odd behaviour:

When reaching max_hard_download_rate (I got it about 30 mins at 65k/s,
this was my setting), the upload rate decreases *perfectly* to the
max_hard_upload_rate. I can add an .png of ifmonitor (like last time) to
prove this, if wanted.

So I thought mldonkey searches like hell for sources, ignoring the hard
upload, until it is satisfied (max_hard_download_rate).

I decreased upload_slots, max_xs_packets, max_clients_per_second and
min_left_sources and even max_hard_upload_rate to 3, but with NO change at
all.

The only thing which decreased my upload rate was reaching
max_hard_download_rate (This happened accidentally today).

The new upload management changed only the start phase of mldonkey. Now it
goes slowly up to the max, and does not shoot up to the max in the first
second. I can't use this version, too.

I switched back to 8+4 and noticed, that some of my downloads are back to
0. Perhaps the format of files.ini changed. DAMN. So I have to learn
QoS/HTB/CBQ now and set some brakes to the donkey. :-(

Has anyone made similar experiences with 2.00?

Or its always me alone who is fucked? :)

-Roland