Re: [Mldonkey-users] LowID-Feature request

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] LowID-Feature request
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:28:01 +0200

hi Matthias Witassek,

MW> recently many users have problems to get their mldonkey downloads running at
MW> proper speed due to low IDs given by the servers.
MW> A temporary solution could be this:
MW> Mldonkey checks the ID given by a server as soon as it's connected to
MW> it. If it's given a low ID, mldonkey just disconnects and tries the next
MW> one.
MW> This way we will lose some of the "best" servers, but I think a faster
MW> download with smaller servers is preferrable. And after all, it should
MW> only be a temporary solution, as MLdonkey is in contact with the
MW> developers of lugdunum.
MW> What do you think?

I think thats a workaround, and not a bugfix. mldonkey should fix this
problem in the source, so that lugdunum's p63 (and greater) won't
LOW-ID mldonkey or even won't disconnect or kick them.

I'm connected to 3 Lugdunums at the moment, but everyone is listed
with p62 here: http://ed2k.2x4u.de/list.html

-roland