Re: [Mldonkey-users] No saving of done files possible

From: JoLorant
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] No saving of done files possible
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 12:54:59 +0100

Am Samstag, 9. November 2002 10:46 schrieb Andreas Richter:

> I have mldonkey 2.00 running on my server and connect with the GUI from an
> other client in my lan. Everything works fine, but when a file is done and
> I klick in the GUI any option "saving", the file is NOT saved in the
> incoming-folder but it is removed in the "files to save"-list. The console
> of the GUI shows "from_gui: exception Sys_error("Input/output error") for
> message SaveFile".

This question has been answered on this list just 1 day before. You could have
get your answer sooner if you searched the archive before posting.

FYI:
- either temp and incoming directories are on two different partitions
- or the user you've started mldonkey as has no write access to incoming dir,
- or try starting mldonkey the following way:

"./mldonkey 1>log 2>errors &"
or
"nohup ./mldonkey &"
This will make it possible for mldonkey to write to stdout etc.

We should add this to the FAQ.

JoLo