Re: [Mldonkey-users] high speed download (9000kb/s)

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] high speed download (9000kb/s)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:03:03 +0100

Klaus Imgrund wrote...
> address@hidden wrote:
> > >I had a d/l going at about this rate today.Couple of strange things:
> > >The d/l was paused.My line is 600/300.Ran for about 5 minutes and
> > >downloaded 290 mb in this time.
> > >http://planeta.terra.com.br/informatica/jaqass
> > >Anybody got the slightest idea what was going on there???
> > Did you "recover_temp"?
> I got no idea what that is.I did copy the file to another directory and
> deleted it from /temp.It shows 290 mb of disc space used and I got no
> idea what is in there. Ok - lets say my ISP screwed up.That would
> explain the d/l rate of 9000 kb/s but how could I get this out of a
> paused d/l? Plus at the time I paused that d/l I had two sources.I can't
> see two sources upload at 4500 kb/s each at the same time or for that
> matter myself landing on the surface of the sun and drink a cold one
> <big smile>. I'll try to find out what happened with my ISP next week
> but they aren't too bright.

I got that effect too. What i did was the following:
* started to download file X
* got a lot of mbs for this file downloaded....
* upgraded mldonkey and deleted files.ini
* did recover_temp and mldonkey searched for the hashes and hashed the file
* mldonkey found out that i already had downloaded the first chunk - and that
just after hashing for a few seconds (== big downloadrate)
* mldonkey continued hashing, found more and more present chunks
without even downloading (you said your dl was paused).
Just by hashing the file got more and
more completed. Thats the only way mldonkey can show such amazing
download rates (except if you got such a line....)

Maybe something like this happend to you too. If you recovered an
partial downloaded file, mldonkey found out there are already present
parts and counted them as downloaded.

Martin
--
GPGKEYID=6E6C3431 / SERVER=WWWKEYS.DE.PGP.NET
BOFH excuse : The monitor is plugged into the serial port