[Mldonkey-users] Re: Direct and Indirect Locations

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Direct and Indirect Locations
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:22:55 +0100

Michael Kroez <address@hidden> wrote:

> can someone tell me, what the difference between a direct and an
> indirect location is?  What I know is, that direct locations have
> explicit addresses. Mldonkey identifies indirect locations by their
> md4.

Just guessing:

indirect sources are sources, who cannot be connected directly, because
they are behind a firewall. So the client has to tell the server to tell
the source to connect to us instead of we connecting to the source.

But this is just wildly guessing from the terms also used in Napster,
WinMX, Gnutella, etc.

S°

--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
142: Microsofties