[Mldonkey-users] DirectConnect

From: LordVyper
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] DirectConnect
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:14:49 -0000

Hello all.

        I am not sure it is possible or not already, but i would
like to be able to join a dc hub and be able to see the users
there, so I could browse their files like is done in the dc
official client.

        Direct Connect is a very good network for different
reasons than edonkey. Its faster to get files, and hubs are
more specialized than edonkey servers. Still, larger files
are inherently faster to get in eDonkey, due to the very
nature of the protocol.
        Still, I do believe better DC support is in order.
Specific commands and so on (like that hub browsing). I mean,
atm (I believe) is impossible to know what users are in the
hubs you connect to.

        One more thing, since some hubs kick mldonkey clients,
what is the client tag I should send to simulate an official
client? In the directconnect.ini file, I see an option to set
it as "mldc", tho I don't know what I should set it to in order
to fool the hub.

        Thank you for your time,
        Joao Correia