Re: [Mldonkey-users] observations + mldonkey for Windows

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] observations + mldonkey for Windows
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:54:32 +0100

>  Well, lmule works quite well - at least the bandwidth stuff is like in
>  windows emule. Sources searching etc works like under windows, apart from
>  this it's quite unflexible for a unix app - which comes from the direct
>  port of windows emule to wxwin-gtk.

Thanks for these informations. It is very useful to have a look at how
the other clients work.

In the future, we will be able to better compare emule and mldonkey,
as we finally have a running Windows-native version of mldonkey (ie
without Cygwin). If some of you want to try it, the binary (updated
this morning to fix the infinite voo page :) ) is on Savannah, with
other binaries, in the contributed/mingw/ sub-directory...

The GUI is not provided, only the core with edonkey/overnet
support. But GUIs for Windows already exist, so it should not be a
problem.

- MLDonkey