[Mldonkey-users] Re: [Win-ML] New Mailinglist for Windows-ML-Donkey

From: Brett Dikeman
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 01:18:31 -0500

At 8:55 PM +0100 3/23/03, address@hidden wrote:

a new Mailinglist has been founded to invite you to take part to discuss the
ML-Donkey for Windows 2.05 +higer and its development

Subscribe: Send mail to: address@hidden

Please subscibe, Thanks.

I don't have to- apparently, you subscribed me to the mailing list without my consent or knowledge; I just got a "welcome to gnutelladonkey-GNUDO mailing list!" email.

Where the --HELL-- do you get off doing that? You EXPLICITLY and CLEARLY violated Yahoo's acceptable use policy by doing so- irregardless, you had ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS subscribing me to a mailing list, and I suspect if you did it to me, you did it to everyone else who has posted to the various mldonkey lists.

As a result of your actions, I have reported you to Yahoo's abuse department- their email tells me to do so if I find myself added to a list without my knowledge/permission, and that's exactly what happened.

I encourage everyone else who was added to the Yahoo Group to do the same. Demand Yahoo not only unsubscribe you from the list, but also remove your address from their records and make it clear they do not have permission to use/sell your email address.

I think you also should be unsubscribed and permanently banned from all the mldonkey mailing lists.

Theoretically speaking, of course, I wonder what email address people might use from now on every time they see a "send me more information" form, or need to provide an email address to download a software demo...

Brett