[Mldonkey-users] Re: keeps sharing local directory

From: Robin Hill
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: keeps sharing local directory
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:19:46 +0100

On Mon Mar 31, 2003 at 12:27:37AM -0500, Brett Dikeman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Okay- this problem is getting REALLY annoying :-)
>
> Every few hours of operation, the disk goes wild, I run 'upstats',
> and see every single file in the mldonkey directory shared.  Source,
> INI's, everything.

<-snip->
> Every time I quit the client after this, it has added ""; to
> shared_directories; I remove it, start the client up again, and the
> problem returns yet again within as little as an hour.  This has
> happened a half dozen plus times in the last 2 days with 2.04rc1-11.

All I can suggest is a workaround - create an empty directory and share
it.  I have the one shared directory & I've never seen it add anything
extra, so it's probably just a problem if you don't have any shared
directories (other than the standard temp & incoming of course).

> On a related note, when are we going to get the ability to -really-
> share and unshare files on the fly?  This seems the most basic of
> functionality...even the original 'official' edonkey client could do
> this.

Indeed - I'm sure we used to have this, didn't it come in in one of the
pre 2.0 CVS versions?  Certainly seems to have disappeared again - it
doesn't even seem to share committed files until I restart now.

Cheers,
        Robin
--
     ___