[Mldonkey-users] Re: support for ftp/http/gopher/news transfers?

From: Mike Jones
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: support for ftp/http/gopher/news transfers?
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:41:53 +0000

I suggest you use lftp; a tool developed for many
years and designed for this purpose.

If mldonkey tries to become all things to all people,
don't you think it will just end up as a useless
bloated mess?  (Maybe it can become a microsoft
product?)

With the work being done on gnutella2 and bittorrent,
I would not like to see mldonkey become so bloated and unfocused that it
wouldn't be worth useing for
anything.  I'm sure you can make plugins to have mldonkey get your email too --
but is that really
useful or appropriate?   I would like to see it
focused on the things it was designed to do (P2P),
and do them well.  Use the right tool for the job.

-- Christian Brandt --
things would be MUCH easier if the already running
multi-p2p-mlnet would also support some simple server-