[Mldonkey-users] Schedule for next versions

From: MLdonkey
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Schedule for next versions
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:12:34 +0200

We are currently missing a good schedule for unstable/stable
releases. So, we have tried to find a schedule for the future
versions, corresponding to what we think are the best improvements
that should be added to MLdonkey. New stable versions will be released
when the following features will be available:

For 2.04: nothing, feature freeze now
For 2.05:
  - Gnutella:
      * Gnutella2 support
      * Upload: use CommonUploads queues, and HTTP/1.1
  - Bittorrent:
      * Support for directory downloads
  - Misc:
      * Interactive downloads (popups for one file with progress bar)

For 2.06:
  - Gnutella:
      * THEX corruption detection
      * deflate-style compression
  - eDonkey:
      * Source management should be shared by other plugins
          DonkeySources3 --> CommonSources
      * Use CommonSwarming to choose ranges to download

For 2.07:
  - Download one file on different networks
  - Propagate Hashes equivalences sha1/ed2k/bitprint

For 2.08:
  - eDonkey:
      * export_temp so that they can be used from emule/edonkey
      * Share eDonkey partial chunks on Gnutella
  - Misc:
      * Implementation of sparse-files
      * CD get and Collections

For 2.09:
  - Gnutella:
      * Act as an ultra-peer
  - Bittorrent:
      * Tracker
      * Publication of files

We have tried to make the features needed to pass from one stable to
the other small enough so that next stable releases will be done more
often. If you have comments, features(big features, not two-lines
patches :) that you would like to see added in the schedule, feel free
to discuss them now...

- MLDonkey