Re: [Mldonkey-users] Test for low ID user with wrong IP address

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Test for low ID user with wrong IP address
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:45:21 +0200

>  But mldonkey have servers still reporting "ERROR: Your port 4662
>  is not reachable. You have a LOWID".
>
>  How does my current IP is told to the eDonkey servers?
>
>  Why now the connection test suceeds but eDonkey servers
>  still are not able to reach the 4662 port?
>
>  Any clues on how to solve this problem?

One possibility is that the servers try to connect to you using the IP
address that is specified in the client_ip option of your
client. Unfortunately, this option is only set to a correct value
after you have successully connected to a server, so that, at the
beginning, servers cannot connect to you... but after the first
successful connection, it should work.

The second possibility is simply that the connection to your host done
by the server failed because your line was busy at that time. It
happens frequently, since mldonkey sends many packets, and the TCP
packets of the server connection are lost, the connection timeouts
too fast, before the packets can be retransmitted, so that the server
believes you are unreachable, and refuses you...

- MLDonkey