Re: [Mldonkey-users] uploaders

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] uploaders
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:25:03 +0200

Le Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:48:48 +0000, "Mike Jones" <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> Both clients have the same MD4/IP/ClientName.  One is
> OVR, the other is nML.  I thought MD4 was taken into
> account in connection control, and duplicates not
> allowed to connect?

It's not, and even if it was, it wouldn't be useful (the Overnet support
doesn't use the same client md4 hash as the eDonkey support, "on purpose",
if you read the source).

Maybe we should only allow one upload per IP ?

File requests timeouts per IP would be useful to avoid being banned too.

> Also, why does everyone seem to be switching back to
> rc1-3?  Has it been determined that it is objectively
> faster or more protocol compatible in some way?

Personally I'm using rc1-11, as all newer versions (rc1-12 to rc1-15) are
*significantly* slower for me, no idea why.