Re: [Mldonkey-users] [2.4] Last chunk often corrupt

From: Lionel Bouton
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [2.4] Last chunk often corrupt
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:48:32 +0200

b8_bavard wrote:

More on data corruption.
I've a fair ratio of completed videos on disk with invalid ed2k hashes.
When running mldonkey 2.4 ed2k_hash on them the hash doesn't match the
one used for downloading them.

ed2k_hash takes an option (-v I think) to display partial chunks hashes.

In fact it displays them by default.
What I would like to know is how to fetch the real (reference) chunks' hashes from the network.

The edonkey support has not changed a lot in the previous
versions. Mostly, the three main changes are indirect: (1) use of buffer_writes
option, (2) use of threads, and (3) the copy chunks between files (is there an
option to
enable/disable it ?). I don't know if you use them. I will try a CVS
diff in the donkey directory when I come back.

I used them all (recently disabled buffer_writes as it does not bring much to me).

Wild guess : on last chunk, does mldonkey do a whole file hash check ?
If so if one invalid chunk was downloaded it could very well explain why
some of my downloads are stuck on last chunk, redownloading it forever.

On last chunk, mldonkey often downloads from many clients at the same
time. As a consequence, if one of them sends corrupted data, it will
prevent finishing the download, until 'reliable_sources' option is
activated.

It is since the very first cvs version supporting it :-)

LB.