Re: [Mldonkey-users] File corruption following, mldonkey hardening propo

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] File corruption following, mldonkey hardening proposal
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 16:37:29 +0200

Lionel Bouton wrote...
> I've seen mldonkey-2.4-1 create "empty" files in the commut directory.
> That is, a file that was present in this directory, but renamed, moved
> or deleted (usually a short time after commit).
> Most of the time it is a 0-length file, but I've seen files full of zero
> with the original file size too (using ext3, so they were sparse file).

Known problem....this happens when you move/rename/delete a file
mldonkey is uploading ATM. The file-descriptors are not closed. try to
do a close_fds before renaming. see the uploaders command if someone
is still loading that file from you. stop all upload for a few minutes
until there are no uploaders anymore, close_fds and
move/delete/whatever. works for me....