[Mldonkey-users] FT problems

From: nospam
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] FT problems
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 08:58:20 +0200

Hi,

I noticed some things using FT and BT with 2.4-6 on a i386 machine.
Those messages seem to come from FT:

1) For host 213.200.x.x port 0
+++ Exception BEFORE CONNECT connect failed: Can't assign requested address
Exception connect failed: Can't assign requested address while connecting to
client
this happens very often. There did the portnumber go?

2) connect to clients on private networks using FT doesn't seem to work -
I get a lot of connection errors on stdout while mldonkey tries to connect to
them (and that's right, because I block connections to RFC networks)
like:
For host 10.114.2.99 port 1036
+++ Exception BEFORE CONNECT connect failed: Permission denied
That's bad for files with sources that have only got RFC adresses in it,
they never get anything.

3) FT files aren't completing properly, there are several files
with 100% from FT lying around for half a day. They're all around 300MB.
verify_chunks seem to do nothing on them.

4) recover_temp only works on donkey files, right?

5) isn't the FT retry interval used for FT sources? on stdout:
Exception Failure("Bad HTTP code") in client_parse_header
ascii: [ H T T P / 1 . 0   5 0 3   S e r v i c e   U n a v a i l a b l e(10) R e
 t r y - A f t e r :   3 0 0(10)(10)

Apart from this, the 2.4 line seems to me the best ever since a long time
at the donkey network.