Re: [Mldonkey-users] Mldonkey and anonymity

From: Christian Brandt
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Mldonkey and anonymity
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 18:09:25 +0200

Am Montag 26 Mai 2003 12:43 schrieben Sie:

> I had been using mldonkey for a few monthes but i stopped because
> here in France, some providers had threaten their customers, even if
> I think this a more due to kazaa than the edonkey network. I really
> regret this because mldonkey is so great and to continue to read this
> mailing list always give me temptation to restart my P2P activity ( I
> was about 1.5Go per day :-) ). So I'd like to know if there's a way
> to protect mldonkey users : something that make difficult for
> providers to detect P2P activity.

 Efficient P2P can never be completly safe and this is true for most if not
all P2P-protocols inside mldonkey. You might try Freenet, its highly
encrypted and doesn't use fixed ports, making a detection very hard and an
analysis of the traffic absolutly impossible. But it is also slower than
other networks.

 Or forget about the classic P2P and use Usenet and IRC. You might need to
invest some time to learn but you should get more, faster and earlier
whatever you've been looking for.

--
Christian Brandt

 life is short and in most cases it ends with death
 but my tombstone will carry the hiscore