Re: [Mldonkey-users] gui not starting up

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] gui not starting up
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:54:12 +0200

Le 23 Jul 2003 06:42:08 -0500, test <address@hidden> a écrit :

> For some reason my GUI is not starting up anymore.
> I set the start_gui to TRUE and it still will not load up.

Is mldonkey_gui correct ?
Is $DISPLAY set when you run mlnet ?

BTW, I always thought that starting the gui from the core was a strange
idea.

IMO, either it should be possible to start/kill the core from the GUI
(edonkey C-interface like), or both GUI and kernel should be spawned as
needed from some small wrapping script (xinit like)...

Something like (untested, just to give some idea):

#!/bin/bash
MLDONKEY_DIR="${MLDONKEY_DIR:-HOME/mldonkey}"
export MLDONKEY_DIR
mkdir -p "$MLDONKEY_DIR" || exit 1
cd "$MLDONKEY_DIR"
PATH="$MLDONKEY_DIR:$PATH"

CORE_RUNNING=0
[ -f mlnet.pid ] && kill -0 `cat mlnet.pid` && CORE_RUNNING=1
if [ $CORE_RUNNING = 0 ]; then
  echo "Starting core, please wait..."
  mlnet -daemon "$@" &
  echo "$!" >mlnet.pid