[Mldonkey-users] Re: Re: Newgui did not save the settings

From: spiralvoice
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Re: Newgui did not save the settings
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:05:37 +0100

On Di 02 Dez 2003 10:58:12a b8_bavard wrote:

> No, it creates ~/.mldonkey on all OSes except Windows where it
> creates ~/mldonkey/.

Hi,

it took a while but I finally managed to test newgui (CVS 2003/12/03)
on w2k. I can say it works but not as expected.

It automatically(!) creates a sub-directory ".mldonkey" in the GUI
directory. Interesting about this is that I can´t create a directory
beginning with "." using Explorer... Settings are stored in ".mldonkey"
and resued upon a new start of the GUI, so it is usable.

But in commonOptions.ml we have

let config_dir_basename =
  if Autoconf.windows then "mldonkey" else ".mldonkey"

but it does not work and this should be investigated.
In ./config/Makefile.config I don´t have a value

WINDOWS=yes

I think it is related to the incorrect detection of Windows during
compilation of newgui. I compiled with this setting using Mingw and now
the following happens when I start mlgui.exe:

- directory "mldonkey" is created
- directory ".mldonkey" is created
- ini files are created and used in ".mldonkey"

Greetings, spiralvoice